Real Love Advisors Melbourne FL believes a date should be somewhat like an interview. At least, you should think of it as an interview of sorts. The guy should think he is having a good time as well. This is the same whether you are a man or a woman. However, if you are a woman, the importance of vetting your dates through the interviewing process is even more important. You want to quickly and easily identify the freaks, wife-beaters, dullards, and others who you would not normally give the time of day.
That being said, Real Love Advisors Melbourne FL says a first date should also be light, not too serious. Thus, ask these questions casually and in the flow of normal conversation. You are not supposed to sit there with a laundry list and an interrogation light.
Here are some good questions that will let you know whether a second date is worth your time.
- Where do you see yourself in 3, 5 or 10 years? – Pick a time period that’s relevant to you. If you are in your 20’s, ask the 10-year question. If you are in your 30’s or 40’s, maybe ask one of the others. It is important to know that a man has a plan and that he thinks about the future because, trust me, some men do not think about the future at all. They just see themselves drinking beers and playing video games until they’re 80. If you want to be that harpy who ropes her man into having kids and a career (or just hangs out with her occasionally) so he can tell his buddies what a whip-cracker you are, go out with a man who doesn’t think about his future. In addition, I am not saying you have to marry the guy, but men who do not think about their future or worse, cannot answer a question about it, aren’t worth your time. There has to be some kind of plan, even if it is a small one.
- If I called your ex-girlfriends, what do you think they would say about you? – Believe it or not, this is a good conversation starter, though you want to be careful about implying that you are looking for a boyfriend if you are not. Good guys do not kiss and tell, but you’ll learn a lot by the way he responds to this question. A crafty way to get him to talk about such things is to do it yourself first. A guy who has nothing to hide will not be the least bit offended by this question. Certainly not every one of his past relationships necessarily ended well, but if his exes think he should be in jail, you might want to run.
- How much time do you spend watching sports? – If you like sports a lot, then this is not a problem. If you want to spend your weekends doing something other than watching sports, then you might want to figure this out quickly because it can be a sore spot for many women. Hopefully, you know something about what happened over the weekend and can broach the topic by mentioning something about a game. If not, do some research on ESPN and bring up a subject. See how much he knows about it. If you find out you’ve just met a guy who thinks the television is his best friend, you should move on.
- Are you into video games? – This is another area where you might want to do some research. Does this guy own a video game system? If so, you might be falling asleep by yourself a whole bunch because guys who play video games disappear for hours and sometimes days at a time. You want a guy who wants you more than he wants to blow imaginary stuff up.
- Have you ever been in a fight? If so, why? – It is important to get an understanding of how a man views violence because many men resort to violence as a means of dealing with problems. Does this guy take pride in the fights he has been in or is he apologetic about them? Maybe he has not been in any at all. You are trying to find out whether he is a lover or a fighter.