What is your dream job? – You really want to get a sense of what a man thinks is success, particularly if you are a professional woman and don’t want…Read More
It doesn’t matter how long you’ve known someone and been with them, you can still have trouble finding the ideal present for them. Sometimes you don’t know what to get them at all. My mom and dad have been together for well over forty years, and yet my dad will still come to me or my sister for ideas on presents. Some people don’t have that knack for choosing the ideal present for someone else.
Luckily you have the internet to help you out. We’re here to help when it comes to choosing a perfect present the woman over 50 in your life. Here are 13 great gift ideas for women over 50 that you may have met through online dating. They all make for great gifts no matter the occasion; whether it’s a birthday, anniversary, or anything else.
- Jewelry Is a Classic
There’s a good reason that jewelry is a classic gift. That’s because it works. Giving a woman a lovely new piece of jewelry makes for a beautiful reminder of the love between you two. Adding their favorite gemstone or birthstone to the gift makes it truly personal and special. There are plenty of jewelers that offer custom jewelry for couples that are an ideal present for the woman you love.
- Cultivate Gardens and Love with Gardening Tools
If the woman in your life loves gardening, then you can’t go wrong with special tools and other gardening supplies. Get some ready-to-plant flowers for the gardener you love. This idea has helped me many times given my own mom’s love of taking care of her garden. A set of gardening tools can also help to relieve the aches and pains that come with gardening.
- Ease Aches with Massage Chairs
If you want to impress and pamper a more mature lady, then there’s nothing quite like a zero-gravy massage chair. The best ones come with built-in heaters and auto-massage patterns. That’s something everyone can appreciate.
- Combine a Gift With a Date Using Picnic Backpacks
Picnics make for great date ideas and allow you to spend some romantic quality time together with that special someone. Picnic backpacks have everything you need for a lovely time together. We found one that has a cheese board, wine glasses, and all the other picnicking essentials.
- A Box For Her Treasures
Everyone gathers mementos and keepsakes of their past. Women over 50 are sure to have quite a lot of them, making a treasure box where they can store everything a brilliant gift idea. Find a decorative box; one that has those little touches that showcase who they are. There are also custom options for completely capturing their personality.
Be sure to take a look at the reviews of a treasure box before purchasing one. They are a great insight into the actual quality of a box. Take the treasure box gift to the next level by adding some of your own keepsakes to the box before presenting it. This could be something as simple as the ticket stub from the time you went to the movies together. The key to any special present is personalization. Make any present you give a thoughtful one that holds special meaning to the recipient.
- Treat Home Chefs to a Cheese-Making Kit
There’s nothing a woman loves more quite like working on new recipes. They’re always coming up with something new to try and showcasing them through dinner parties and the like. If this sounds like something your loved one loves to do, then you should pick up a kitchen project for them to enjoy. We recommend a cheese-making kit. Add some extra value to the gift by offering to help them put it together for a fun activity.
- A Romance Novel
I can’t go wrong by giving my grandma a romance novel. She just loves reading them. A book will always be a solid choice for a present for bookworms. Even something as simple as a book can become more special if you get them a signed copy or a rare edition of their all-time favorite book. Jane Austen fans are sure to appreciate the In Her Own Hands collection; a collector’s edition of all of her original manuscripts.
- Turn Your Bathroom Into a Spa
With the right bath and shower products, you can turn your home into a spa and have a spa day without an actual spa. There are many effervescent bath bombs and therapeutic scents out there to choose from. Let that special woman in your life take some time to themselves to relax and unwind in bliss.
- Scented Candles to Set the Mood
When I go to the mall with my friends, we always make sure to check out the candle shop and try the latest scents. I don’t know what it is about them, but scented candles are really appealing to me. Pick up a Yankee Candle the next time you aren’t sure what gift to buy. Try to find a scent with some “sentimental” value for you and your loved ones. These sweetly scented candles always make for great gifts.
There are so many different shapes, sizes, and smells of candle that you’ll have no trouble finding the right one for your loved one. If it’s for an anniversary, then choose some heart-shaped candles to create the perfect atmosphere for a romantic dinner date.
- Fondue for Two
A fondue set for two is something that’s for you as well as for her. Find a small chocolate fondue pot and then enjoy a lovely dessert with that special someone in your life. It makes for a great way to spend some romantic time alone with your partner and – best of all – it’s super easy to clean up.
- Custom Frames for Capturing Memories
Everyone loves taking photos of themselves enjoying time with the people in their lives. Find some of these photos and use a frame to create a budget-friendly way to give someone something meaningful. There’s plenty of choices when looking for custom frames. You’re sure to find the right one for you and your photos. Put together a permanent reminder of the bond you share by putting a photo of you together in a custom frame.
- A Wine Subscription For the Dignified and Refined
What better way to tell someone that you love them than by giving them a year’s supply of wine? A wine subscription is the kind of gift that keeps on giving a wine will be delivered to your door each month. There are several wine subscription services, including Wine Awesomeness. They will curate three red and white wines – for a total of six wines – each month and have them delivered to members. You also have the option of having just red wines or white wines as well as a mixture when signing up for a membership package. Each box of wine also comes with recipe pairings and tasting notes.
- Finishing Off With a Bird Feeder
Lots of women love watching as nature comes alive in their garden. They love watching birds and squirrels go about their business. If your loved one is a fan of birdwatching, then they are sure to enjoy a bird feeder for their garden. We love this one that’s shaped like a little house. It features a beautiful front porch where several birds can gather for a snack. A bird feeder adds liveliness to any house, particularly for those living by themselves.
A Thoughtful Gift is the Best Kind
My dad has gotten somewhat better at choosing gifts. He’ll still double check with my sister to ensure it’s a good present, but that’s because of how much he cares about getting a good gift. It’s because he cares so much about my mom and wants her to be happy with the gifts he gets. Making your loved one feel, well, loved, is truly the greatest gift of all.
The thoughts and feelings that go into choosing a gift truly are the most important aspect of buying a present for someone. We hope you’ve gotten some inspiration from our list of gifts for women over 50 from Columbia Singles. Whether you’re picking up something for an anniversary, a birthday, Valentine’s Day, or anything else; we’re sure your special someone will appreciate any of the gifts on our list.
There is nothing worse than asking someone out on a date and not being able to have a good time. No matter how compatible the two of you are, without the proper date “planned”, your night could end up disastrous. That’s why you need a plan of action. As long as you have this plan, you will have a great night with the person of your choice.
But there is some planning and details to keep in mind with every good date.
Planning Your Date
When you plan your date with Real Love Advisors Melbourne FL, you have to keep two people in mind; yourself and your date. Don’t run off to the New York Comic Con, if you even have an inkling that your date won’t enjoy herself there. You also don’t want to plan a date where you will be miserable attending. If you are unable to show your true personality, then it will be difficult to achieve a second date.
So go with a plan of action that is a bit more neutral or where you and your date can decide between multiple options. Going to a fun zone is a great first date. There are games, bowling, pool and arcade and much more. This helps you to figure out what your date likes and to have a great time. Showing your personality and having fun on a first date is a great way to start off your relationship on the right foot.
You can always have a good time doing the ordinary date night plans like going out to dinner or out to the movies. In fact, the movies are one of those dates where you can decide between multiple movies, getting to know each other better and creating a good conversation for afterward. But what else can you do if you don’t want to have a generic date night?
One fun thing to do is to take ordinary dates and give them a twist. Instead of regular bowling, try midnight bowling or instead of mini golf, try glow in the dark mini golf.
Sweat it Out
Lot’s of women love to be active so start planning a fun, outdoor event. Flag football, walking a trail, taking an outdoor yoga class and other such activities can get your hearts racing while sparking her interest. Real Love Advisors Melbourne FL says, “These types of activities demonstrate that she is with a guy who is fun loving, health conscious and thinks outside of the box.”
Holiday Cheer Anyone?
No matter what the holiday is or how cheesy the activity, bringing holiday cheer to your date can bring a lot of laughs and much more fun. For Christmas, walking through the city, looking at decorations and seeing the local Christmas tree can be a heart-warming experience. For the Fourth of July, spend the day baking Fourth of July pie and eating while watching fireworks and twirling around glow sticks.
For a good date, Real Love Advisors Melbourne FL says that you should have a plan of action but this plan should never be set in stone. If your date seems to be heading in one direction and the two of you are having fun, let go of your plan and be spontaneous. If your plan doesn’t seem to be doing the trick than be flexible and change directions. You never want to be flat-footed when it comes to date plans. Your plan of action is only to secure yourself with something fun to do but if the night leads you somewhere else, don’t be afraid to go with the flow. Plus, if you try so hard to stick with this plan, you might seem uptight or even worse, not very fun at all to be with.
Dating is fun and adventurous. You get to know someone new and share an incredible time with this person. Planning a date shows her that you are considerate and excited about spending this special time with her. So come up with a great date and don’t be afraid to let go.
Real Love Advisors Melbourne FL believes a date should be somewhat like an interview. At least, you should think of it as an interview of sorts. The guy should think he is having a good time as well. This is the same whether you are a man or a woman. However, if you are a woman, the importance of vetting your dates through the interviewing process is even more important. You want to quickly and easily identify the freaks, wife-beaters, dullards, and others who you would not normally give the time of day.
That being said, Real Love Advisors Melbourne FL says a first date should also be light, not too serious. Thus, ask these questions casually and in the flow of normal conversation. You are not supposed to sit there with a laundry list and an interrogation light.
Here are some good questions that will let you know whether a second date is worth your time.
- Where do you see yourself in 3, 5 or 10 years? – Pick a time period that’s relevant to you. If you are in your 20’s, ask the 10-year question. If you are in your 30’s or 40’s, maybe ask one of the others. It is important to know that a man has a plan and that he thinks about the future because, trust me, some men do not think about the future at all. They just see themselves drinking beers and playing video games until they’re 80. If you want to be that harpy who ropes her man into having kids and a career (or just hangs out with her occasionally) so he can tell his buddies what a whip-cracker you are, go out with a man who doesn’t think about his future. In addition, I am not saying you have to marry the guy, but men who do not think about their future or worse, cannot answer a question about it, aren’t worth your time. There has to be some kind of plan, even if it is a small one.
- If I called your ex-girlfriends, what do you think they would say about you? – Believe it or not, this is a good conversation starter, though you want to be careful about implying that you are looking for a boyfriend if you are not. Good guys do not kiss and tell, but you’ll learn a lot by the way he responds to this question. A crafty way to get him to talk about such things is to do it yourself first. A guy who has nothing to hide will not be the least bit offended by this question. Certainly not every one of his past relationships necessarily ended well, but if his exes think he should be in jail, you might want to run.
- How much time do you spend watching sports? – If you like sports a lot, then this is not a problem. If you want to spend your weekends doing something other than watching sports, then you might want to figure this out quickly because it can be a sore spot for many women. Hopefully, you know something about what happened over the weekend and can broach the topic by mentioning something about a game. If not, do some research on ESPN and bring up a subject. See how much he knows about it. If you find out you’ve just met a guy who thinks the television is his best friend, you should move on.
- Are you into video games? – This is another area where you might want to do some research. Does this guy own a video game system? If so, you might be falling asleep by yourself a whole bunch because guys who play video games disappear for hours and sometimes days at a time. You want a guy who wants you more than he wants to blow imaginary stuff up.
- Have you ever been in a fight? If so, why? – It is important to get an understanding of how a man views violence because many men resort to violence as a means of dealing with problems. Does this guy take pride in the fights he has been in or is he apologetic about them? Maybe he has not been in any at all. You are trying to find out whether he is a lover or a fighter.
- What is your dream job? – You really want to get a sense of what a man thinks is success, particularly if you are a professional woman and don’t want to introduce your date/boyfriend/husband as “this is Joe, who sits at home in his pajamas all day and plays video games while I’m out working.” In addition, it is just a fact that successful women want to be around successful men, so if you are not a successful woman, this question matters less to you unless you expect a certain standard of living. It is also a fact that we prefer a man who makes more than we do. Certainly, not all of us, but a lot. Therefore, if your man’s dream job is to work in a marijuana dispensary and you are looking for a high standard of living, you might want to rethink things.
- Who’s your hero? – Real Love Advisors Melbourne FL says that this is a good conversation starter and will tell you loads about a man. Is his hero somebody who’s a sports figure, a historical figure, or a personal figure? Is this man shallow or does he have depth? A man who answers “Michael Jordan” is a lot different from a man who says “My mom, because she raised me and my brother by herself and we were always happy.” An interesting man is going to have an interesting answer to this question. A boring man is probably going to have a boring answer.
- What’s the funniest movie and television show you’ve ever seen? – If there is physical attraction, the next thing to find out about is his sense of humor. This question is easy to ask and will give you a sense of whether you and the man think that the same things are funny. Obviously, if he thinks that “Death Wish” and “Twilight” are hysterical, you will probably want to quickly exit your meeting place. Nevertheless, if he starts talking about your favorite funny movie and his whole face lights up, you know you are on the right track. There is nothing sexier than agreement.
- If you could know one thing about me right now, what would it be? – Guys with no class will say something so stupid you will be able to right them off immediately after asking this question. A guy with no class will say something like “if you’re going to sleep with me” or “whether you’re shaved or not” or “if you like threesomes.” A guy with class will take a moment to think and say something simple like “what’s your favorite color” or “whether you prefer roses or carnations.” This question is designed to separate class from classless.
- Tell me about the guys you hang out with the most. – Contrary to some popular opinion, we women want and needs a guy who has friends. We do not want loners and/or guys who do not have friends because people with no friends are generally friendless for a reason. Besides, regular guys need guy time in order to be happy and if they do not have an outlet for guy time, they are likely to be miserable. In addition to that, issue, it is good to get some detail on a guy’s friends. The kind of guys a guy hangs out with will tell you a lot about the guy. It is really an indirect way of asking a man about himself.